Brick Consortium Virtual Open Houses
Please join the Brick Consortium for a virtual “Open House” to learn more about the Consortium and its plans, and how to get involved in the development and governance of standard.
There will be two sessions, each running for two hours:
- Tuesday, February 23rd at 8AM US Pacific/11AM Eastern/16:00 UTC/17:00 CET
- Monday, March 1st at 5pm US Pacific/8PM US Eastern/9:00am Tuesday 2nd SGT/HKT
(The sessions will be the same, so there is no need to attend both)
During the open house, we’ll give:
- An overview of the Brick Consortium
- A quick refresher on Brick and what it can do
- A quick tour of the “Brick source code” and how it’s implemented, as well as existing open-source tools for using and working with Brick
- An overview of the Brick working groups
- Examples of how Brick is being used in products now
We’ll also spend time discussing the Brick Roadmap. While we’ll discuss what we’ve got planned for Brick 1.3 and beyond, this part will largely be an interactive discussion around
- If you are a potential adopter of Brick, what do you think is important to see in Brick?
- If you are a potential adopter of Brick, what's necessary for you to get Brick into your products?
- What are you willing to work on?
The session will be recorded so, if you’re not able to attend, we will provide a link after the event.
Brick is open source and you do not need to be a member of the Brick consortium to use Brick or contribute to its development. However, by being a Consortium member, you will have more opportunity to shape the standard as well as helping to support future Brick development and research projects.